News & Events
Category › Climate action
Page 1 of 3   showing records 1 to 10 of 28 in this selection
- View our latest news on the VSP site [ read more ]
All our news, events, funding news and resources will now be appearing on the Voluntary Sector Partnership (VSP) site.
Created on January 8th 2013
- New Levels & Moors tourism initiative launched [ read more ]
A brand new initiative has been launched to promote the Somerset Levels & Moors area to local, national and international visitors.
Created on July 2nd 2012
- Planning Problems in the Market Towns: a member's perspective [ read more ]
Colin Winder, District Councillor for Wincanton in South Somerset, has written an interesting article on how the process to develop the central planning policy doument, the Core Strategy, seems to ignore some truths about housing, employment and public tr
Created on October 12th 2011
- National Planning Policy Framework - latest [ read more ]
The Government published a draft National Planning Policy Framework earlier in the summer. It attempts to bring all national Planning Policy documents into one easier-to-understand document.
Created on September 22nd 2011
- The Big Society and Community-Led Planning [ read more ]
A 'think-piece' on how these fit together or don't.
Created on July 14th 2011
- Neighbourhood Plans, Right to Build- Notes from Community Led Planning event, Tiverton 17th February [ read more ]
Notes from the Conference.
Created on March 4th 2011
- Local Enterprise Partnership for Somerset and Devon - consultation opportunity [ read more ]
A proposed Heart of the South West LEP was first discussed in November 2010 under the leadership of the private sector. Representatives from the business community and local authorities, with assistance from other stakeholders, have been working on the pr
Created on February 10th 2011
- Ministers urged to 'give life to Localism' [ read more ]
The Rural Coalition have released the following Press Release as part of its response to the Government's Localism Bill.
Created on January 18th 2011
- Good paper on the Big Society and Local Services [ read more ]
ACRE's Chief Executive, Sylvia Brown, has produced an interesting paper on how the community-led services envisaged as part of the Big Society agenda may happen, and some barriers to making it happen.
Created on November 29th 2010
- Feedback from Big Society Community Organisers workshop [ read more ]
Along with around 40 other representatives from Civil Society organisations (the new name for the Third Sector!) from Somerset, Bristol and Gloucestershire, I attended a workshop at the Government Office in Bristol last Monday.
Created on September 28th 2010
- Previous page
- Children & Young People
- Climate Action
- Community Safety
- Culture & Leisure
- Economy & Education