Funding your projects
There are a number of sources to gain information on funding from; some are detailed below.
Because the availability of grants, loans and other funding sources changes frequently, sources of funding and not particular grants are shown here.
- STF Email Bulletins contain current funding opportunities, chosen with the Market Town/Small Town regeneration sector in Somerset in mind. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org putting 'Subscribe' in the subject line.
- The STF Coordinator can undertake funding searches and write funding applications for your town project for a modest charge. Email as above or phone 01458 259077 to give details of your project.
- Funding Central is a free to use website from the NCVO, allows you to make detailed funding searches that you can save, and gives you a profile page.
- Other funding websites are Grants Online, Trust Funding and Government Funding.
- Our friends at ViSTA (Voluntary Sector Training Alliance) produced a useful Fundraising Pack for organisations and charities in Somerset, in October 2010. Download chapters here or email Laura@vistaproject.org.uk for a copy by email (please quote SMTF).
- Somerset's Districts, Borough and County Council all have Officers experienced in advising and supporting community projects. Contact the STF Coordinator with your project details so he can signpost you to the most suitable Officer for your project.
- Each of Somerset's four CVS organisations (Council for the Voluntary Sector) and the Community Council for Somerset can advise community groups on funding and fundraising for their projects. See www.scipp.org.uk to find contact details.
Tel: 01458 259077