SMTF Member: Langport Area Development Trust
Representatives for SMTF: Rick Coldicott
Town website: http://www.langport-area.info/LADT/trust.htm
The Langport Area Forum was formed in 2001 as part of the Market & Coastal Towns Initiative and was one of the first MCTi towns. It was established in January 2001 after two workshops which were held with the Langport area community to identify issues for the area. The LAF became the Langport Area Development Trust in April 2003.
Langport is currently reviewing its community plan.
It's a Fact: Langport is probably the smallest town in England
For more information on all projects, contact the group's representative in the first instance – use the 'Contact Us' box below on this page.
1. Battle of Langport commemoration. Provision of a monument at the site and in the centre of Langport - interpretation, access to the site including carpark and viewing platform with interpretation panels. Provision of new footpaths around the battlefield and linking to existing footpath routes.
2. Langport – Martock cycle route link. To create a flat pathway for cycling, walking, wheelchairs and pushchairs using the old Yeovil to Durston railway. From Langport to Martock and onwards to Yeovil. This would link 2 routes on the national cycle network, then ties into the ‘West Country Way’ Route 33
3. Major capital works required to improve access to river frontage. Clearing of wharf at Bow Yard site. Clearing of silted up harbour. Creation of permanent pontoon. Stabilising river bank.
4. Wheelchair accessible circular route around river frontage. Requires creation of new foot path on Huish Drove in order to achieve circular route. Wheel chair accessible pedestrian footbridge is in place. Currently awaiting change in legal status of Drove.
5. Girt Dog of Langport. Creation of new walking trail, with associated economic benefits
6. Transition Town. This group have now met several times, visited Glastonbury Transition Town, and received a small grant from SSDC to progress projects. Not an LADT project but a partner with many shared objectives.
- Transition Town Langport get to work [ read more ]
- Last Friday, the Transition Town group in Langport completed their second Litter Pick, collecting a large amount of rubbish from around the town.
Created on April 26th 2008
- Langport International Walking Festival has got legs [ read more ]
- Project Update: the 2nd Langport International Walking Festival took place over the weekend of 9th/10th June and attracted over 780 walkers.
Created on July 1st 2007